Saturday 18 February 2012

Versatile Cookies

A friend requested a copy of this recipe again. It's the same one I made two weeks ago with my class. They loved it, everyone loves it, I'm not sure where it originally came from, but I've been making it for years. I call it versatile because you can mix anything into it.

With my class, these were chocolate chip cookies.
My personal favourite: white chocolate & macadamia
My brothers love multi-chip (choco, peanut, white, butterscotch etc.)
I've made white choco-cranberry, butterscotch-pecan, choco-walnut....

Pretty much, be creative!


Ingredients:
  • ¾ c. sugar
  • ¾ c. packed brown sugar
  • 1 c. Hard margarine, softened
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ¾ tsp salt
  • 1.5 c. total of a variety of mix-ins (choco chips, etc.)
Directions:
  1. Turn oven on to 375 degrees
  2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla & eggs.
  3. Mix in flour, baking soda & salt
  4. Stir in mix-ins.
  5. Using 2 dessert spoons, drop onto a cookie sheet (12 to a sheet)
  6. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until brown around just the edges. Remove to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment