Wednesday 6 June 2012

June Weather

What was I just saying about June this year coming in a little less warmly than usual?  There were some crazy storms this afternoon. Apparently, though, they're ushering in a hot & humid front...

One thing I realized for sure: God created an awesome world!

Here's some proof....

Rain & hail sheeting down

Aftermath - already melted some! (With all this rain the grass is sure to be fully green again soon!)

Collected hail on the back of a pick-up. Love the dripping Canadian flag in the background.

Ice & flowers

Not huge - just about average size of what was coming down (this one did melt a bit before I managed to get the shot,)

Pile of hail by the gushing downspout!

It was quite the awesome weather to witness! I also listened to the rumbling thunder most of the evening. And around 8:30pm, when I went outside for a bit, the sunset was just gorgeous! All the golden, pink-hued clear skies, scattered yet with some towering storm clouds.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, crazy weather! I love hearing and seeing hail (when I'm inside, the feeling-of-the-hail-on-my-head I like a bit less), but it's such interesting stuff... Nice pitures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty cool! I love the sound of it. Was a little worried about the car, but the hail thankfully wasn't big enough to cause damage :)

    ReplyDelete