Tuesday 17 July 2012

Bucket List: CN Tower

I made a bucket list for this summer. It's kind of a big deal. Not because there's a lot to do. There isn't. But, because I don't have much time. See last post.

  • I've spent a lot of time with Ed already, so check.
  • I've gone to the Christian bookstore & read more than three books. But mostly they were 'fluffy' novels. Check. And, not quite check.

But my favourite so far? Going up the CN Tower!!!!!

For many tourists, this is a pretty big deal. But.....I'm not a tourist.

I have lived an hour's drive from the tower my ENTIRE life. On a clear day, I could see it from my grandparent's front window, across the lake. So last Monday, I went with Ed, who comes from Australia, and who had already 'been there, done that.'

We had lunch while watching the view. The nice thing is, when you buy lunch, you get your ride up for free. Sweet deal!

Enough chatter now: photo time!

The upper half

View 1 from the restaurant

Appetizer: Tomato Salad with baked cheese of some sort. My favourite part!

View 2: Financial district, I believe.

:)

View 3

Ed's min course: Mushroom Linguini

Can ya spot the kayaks? And yeah, we need rain.


Dessert: almost too pretty to eat!

Glass floor :)

3 comments:

  1. We just bought tickets to do the Sky Walk on the outside of the tower. Are we crazy??! Oh, now that you've been there, can we count on the both of you in October to climb the stairs with us? :o) Michelle H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sky walk??? So jealous! I saw that and definitely wanted to do it. As for the stairs... we'll see?

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, it's not too bad. There's under 2000 steps. 1776 to be exact :o)

      Delete