Tuesday 6 March 2012

I'm a big kid now!

Sometimes, every once in awhile, when I accomplish one of those steps that little-Emily always viewed as "grown up" I get the jingle from a very successful diaper commercial running through my mind.

Or maybe it wasn't too successful a commercial, as I can't seem to remember which brand of diapers used that jingle...

Then again, I don't own or watch a tv, so it's been a few years since I last heard or saw said commercial.

Oh. Tangent again.

The point is:   I got a credit card!

Many people say "never get one." I have discovered that that makes it rather difficult to book my own flights, buy gear online/over the phone cheaper than it comes in-store, and pre-pay for committee related things (You need to use a credit card for plenty of things, especially when planning for Faithworks trips. Insurance, flights, van rentals...)

My parents told me not to get one while I was in university. I figured they knew what they were talking about. They were. I'd have been far in credit card debt, and that wouldn't have been pretty.

Of course, then I got a full time job and began sending out credit card applications. Rejection after rejection came through. Probably between 10 and 20 over three years. I'm not sure why. I guess having a credit card holder who can pay off their purchases just isn't a smart investment?

But anyways. It finally worked!

My first purchase was online at MEC - one of my favourite stores. Good choice, I thought.


1 comment: